Skip to Common Activities

Skip to Content

Public Information / Open Records Requests

Requests from the Media

Requests for information from the media may be directed to Media Relations. Please call (512) 206-3462 or e-mail

Search Public Records Using the Public Inquiry System

A great deal of information about TABC license and permit holders can be found on the Public Inquiry System on our website. Reports can be created in .xls, .pdf or .csv formats.

The public can:

  • check the status of pending, active or inactive licenses/permits;
  • search for and create lists of licenses/permits with administrative violations (pending and final);
  • find license/permit numbers;
  • create lists of licenses/permits by location, type, status, original issue date;
  • create lists of inactive licenses/permits by location, type, status, or status date;
  • find retailers on the agency’s credit law delinquent list;
  • view public complaints lodged against license/permit holders and related violations.

License/permit status and pending original application information is updated daily. Credit law information is updated hourly.

Open Records Requests

If you want to view or obtain copies of agency records, please send a written request to the Public Information Coordinator, Raika Rowe, at the following:

Requests received after the closing of each business day (5:00 PM Central Time) are considered to be received the following business day.

Please include an e-mail address and phone number in the text of your e-mail to ensure that you receive a response.

By mail to:

Raika Rowe
Public Information Coordinator
Office of General Counsel
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
P.O. Box 13127
Austin, Texas 78711

In person at:

Suite 380
5806 Mesa Drive
Austin, Texas 78731

By e-mail to:

By fax to:

(512) 206-3226

What Your Request Should Include

Please include the following information to help ensure you receive the information you want:

  • Your name and mailing address;
  • Your telephone number (so we can contact you directly if we have a question about your request);
  • The trade name or corporate name of the licensee or permittee or;
  • The license or permit number or;
  • The street address of the business;
  • Please indicate if you want certified copies of the documents.

The agency's charges for copies are based on the schedule recommended by the Texas Building and Procurement Commission.

Which Documents are Subject to Open Records Requests?

Learn more about The Public Information Act.

How Long are Records Kept?

Records Retention Schedule